Showing records 1 to 10 of 318
Press Release - 21 February 2017
The Group will gather oral and written evidence over the next six weeks to try and gain a deeper understanding of the scale of the problem, its impact on children’s mental, physical, and academic development, as well as proposals for responding most effectively to it.
Press Release - 17 February 2017
The Church is today presented with a plan to re-establish its guiding role, with the help of all the major world religions and Humanism, in the everyday lives of British citizens.
Press Release - 14 February 2017
- Four projects running a total of 24 half term meal and fun sessions in North Birkenhead, Prenton, Rock Ferry, and Tranmere
- Ten schools to receive fresh breakfast supplies in the new term, thanks to donations from Birkenhead residents
Press Release - 09 February 2017
Frank comments on last night's Commons vote on proposed amendments to the European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Bill
Press Release - 06 February 2017
Birkenhead’s MP Frank Field today calls for Wirral’s Police force to improve its rates of response, both to local residents’ reports of crime and antisocial behaviour and to his requests for updates on what is being done to keep residents safe.
Press Release - 01 February 2017
'I voted against the amendment which would have wrecked the implementation of the referendum decision to leave the EU. I then voted for the bill that will begin the withdrawal negotiations. I did so because I believe on balance that leaving the EU is the best course for the country.'
Press Release - 16 January 2017
- Liverpool City Region bucks national trend as new project helps pregnant women in Halton and Knowsley set 4-week quit date
- Commission now aims to extend project across the Region
Press Release - 11 January 2017
Frank has this week been contacted by an A&E nurse who describes herself as ‘broken’. The nurse has reported to Frank that up to five ambulances at a time are queuing each night to offload their patients, as the A&E unit is full to capacity. In addition, nurses are themselves sustaining injuries due to the shortage of staff available to move beds and heavy equipment.
Press Release - 21 December 2016
- Anti-poverty commission proposes major changes to the Bedroom Tax
- Commission also launches legal appeal for families seeking exemption from the Bedroom Tax
- New evidence shows that a large majority of families with children have cut back on food, gas, and electricity to pay the Bedroom Tax – parents are going hungry to feed their children
Press Release - 02 December 2016
- NHS faces a total funding gap of £67.7 billion over the next five years
- Intensive care required through an immediate 1p increase in National Insurance which is supported by the public
- National Health and Social Care Service funded by a new, progressive, National Insurance system, which grants a tax cut to low-paid workers, will secure the next stage in the life of the one institution of the Attlee Government which still commands the public’s affection